Carbon Laser Facials in Sunderland
What is a Carbon Laser Facial?
Popular with celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston, the Carbon Laser Facial is a four part treatment that is suitable for all skin types (skin types I-IV) and helps to refresh, plump and revitalise the complexion with little to no downtime. The 30-minute Q-Switched ND-YAG treatment utilises an organic, detoxifying carbon mask with potent antioxidants to micro-exfoliate the skin and cleanse the pores. The Carbon Laser Facial is a technique that combines the effectiveness of laser treatment with the goodness of carbon. It is also known as the ‘Hollywood Peel’ owing to its popularity with celebrities before a red-carpet event. It helps to regulate the sebum production in the skin and is a great way to improve skin issues such as acne, hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before any treatment we carry out a thorough consultation so we can gather your medical history and assess the condition of your skin so that we can create an individualised treatment plan. The treatment then has four stages:
STAGE 1 – During the first stage, a carbon lotion is applied to the skin which dries immediately once in contact with the skin. Then a 1060nm wavelength laser reaches the dermis, creating controlled thermal damage to stimulate the healing process. This causes collagen, elastin and fibroblast production which has a plumping effect on the skin thus smoothing out fine lines, wrinkles, scarring, pores and other imperfections. The energy emitted from the laser also destroys acne causing bacteria and its related inflammation which makes it an ideal treatment for those who suffer from breakouts.
STAGE 2 – Shattering dirt & epidermal keratinocytes
The laser then passes over your skin on a different setting which emits pulses to break up the pigment in the carbon mask which heats thin layers of collagen and skin tissue. The carbon absorbs the heat from the laser then transfers the heat to allow deeper penetration to your skin.
STAGE 3 – Stimulating the skin cells regeneration
The laser then goes over your skin in the Q-switch mode lightly exfoliating your skin. You will hear a soft snapping noise as the carbon is blasted off the skin. You may feel a light tingling. This superficial peeling removes excessive sebum, exfoliates the upper layer of skin and unclogs pores.
STAGE 4 – New collagen and elastin production
The final pass is made over your face to ensure all the carbon is removed. The frequency of the laser is increased again to ensure all the carbon has been vaporised.
Always use SPF of 30 or above after the treatment.
The Carbon laser facial is ideal for:
- Removing excessive oil & sebum
- Refining and minimising enlarged pores
- Helping pigment & hyperpigmentation damage
- Lessening the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
- Reducing live acne & post-acne scars
If you are looking for a skin rejuvenation treatment to make your skin look and feel Hollywood red carpet ready then the Carbon laser facial is definitely for you!
The carbon facial goes by many names so it can get confusing, the most popular terms you may have heard are:
- Hollywood Peel
- Carbon Spectra Peel
- Carbon Laser Facial
- Charcoal Facial
But they are all the same treatment!
Very little pain is experienced most clients just report some slight prickling or tingling sensation.
The Carbon Laser Facial is a completely safe skin treatment, with no reports of major skin complications or painful side effects. Post-treatment, you may notice some slight redness, and experience some tingling, but this will both subside post-treatment.
No downtime is required, and you will be able to resume daily activities straight away.
The number of sessions needed is dependent on the size of the treatment area, and the desired effect. Usually, we recommend a course of 2-6 treatments, to take place every 2-3 weeks for the most long-lasting results.
The Carbon Laser Facial involves a carbon mask that draws out the skin’s impurities, chemical peels typically use acidic chemical compounds to penetrate the epidermis and exfoliate the top layers of your skin. The Carbon Laser Facial is therefore better for those with more sensitive skin, not only due to the treatment process, but the effects on the skin. The carbon laser renews the skin via the heat generated from the laser treatment, whereas the chemical peel tends to achieve similar results via a chemical reaction. Those prone to breakouts and eczema may find the Carbon Peel kinder to their skin.
- Avoid any sort of UV at least 30 days prior to treatment, including sunbeds
- Avoid using any self-tanning products at least 14 days prior to treatment. For facial rejuvenation treatments with IPL you need to be tan-free (real and fake). Tans can prevent the machine from accurately detecting the specific blemishes that you want treating and put you at greater risk of being burned.
- Avoid any chemical or glycolic peels at least 30 days prior to treatment
- Avoid retinol and AHA products at least 7 days prior to treatment
- Avoid Aspirin, Ibuprofen, anticoagulants, alcohol, and anything else that thins the blood 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Avoid using any products on your skin that increase sensitivity, such as retinoids or exfoliants 1-2 weeks before treatment.
- Don’t shave, wax, or use hair removal creams before the procedure. This can lead to an increase in skin sensitivity.
- Avoid laser hair treatments for 4 weeks prior to treatment
- There must be at least a 2-week gap between treatment and Injectables including Fillers, muscle relaxants and microneedling treatments.
- Steroid creams, topical antibiotics and the use of Roaccutane will prevent treatment
- Please advise us of any medical changes at each appointment including pregnancy and breast feeding
- Ensure a minimum SPF 30 is worn daily whatever the weather conditions and avoid direct sun exposure and sun beds to reduce the risk of hyperpigmentation.
- Avoid perfumed products on the face for 24 hours
- Avoid Heat treatment including UV rays, Saunas, Steams etc for 48 hours after treatment
- Avoid Alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinoids and other potentially irritating products for 7 days or until the skin has fully healed.
- Redness, stinging, itching, tightness, mild swelling, flaking, and peeling are all normal reactions following any sort of laser skin treatment. The severity of these responses varies between individuals.
- Healing occurs quicker in those that don’t smoke and have good nutrition
- Keep the area clen and don’t pick at the skin while it is healing.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 7 to 10 days following treatment to allow your skin to fully heal.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, spicey food and consequent sweating until the skin has completely healed. usually 48 hours.
- Avoid alcohol for 48 hours and keep the skin well hydrated
- Avoid chemical peels, Microdermabrasion, IPL Hair removal including waxing and Laser treatments for a minimum of 2 weeks after treatment or until the skin has fully recovered.
- Avoid make up until the following day, mineral make up is recommended as oily make up can clog the pores again.